[mythtv-users] how to start transcoding?

Milos Prudek prudek at bvx.cz
Sun Jul 10 13:06:22 EDT 2005

I have a recording that I created a cutlist for. To physically remove
the marked material, I must transcode the recording, correct?

- So in Media Library / Watch Recordings, I select the recording. The
recording has the scissors icon and the cutlist is present when I press
E. Everything is ready.

- then I press "I" and select "Job Options" and select "Begin
Transcoding" and ...nothing happens. No disk activity in my myth MPEG
directory.

- OK, so maybe this can be achieved differently. I play the recording,
and M press to display Menu, and select "Begin Transcoding" from the
menu. A message "Transcoding" is displayed in the top left corner, and
nothing happens.

MythTV 0.18.1

--
Milos Prudek