[mythtv-users] Screen resolution setting

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Sat Jul 9 20:40:06 EDT 2005

I have been reading a howto on myth and they suggest that PAL systems
(like mine) should probably be set to 720x576 (or x288).  Unfortunately
it is not clear on where this should be set.   The only place I have
found a resolution setting like this, is in the recording profiles, and
yes, I need to set them I guess.  Given that it is currently set to
480x480 by default, I will see a significant file size increase won't I?

But also, what about watching live TV, or for that matter watching
delayed live TV from the buffer.  Where is the resolution for this set?

I would like to hear peoples opinions on what is the best thing to do
with these settings.  Indeed, is 720x576 a good idea at all?