[mythtv-users] remote backend tuner problem

Tyler Edwards nugen101 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 9 17:52:41 EDT 2005

Here’s the setup, masterbackend with one PVR150 in it and a large hard
drive. One remote frontend/backend combination with a PVR350 in it using the
TV out function. At this point I can watch live TV over the network, see the
EPG, schedule recordings, and connect to the database. What I can’t seem to
get working is the remote backend tuner card. When I goto HYPERLINK
"http://192.168.0.4:6544/"http://192.168.0.4:6544 and look at the status it
says that encoder 2 is on mythfront1 and is not currently connected. I’m not
sure what to do to get it connected!!! I have manipulated the mysql.txt
files in order to get the database to connect, and it seems to be working
fine. Could it be because I am using the TV out to run X on that I can’t
record on that card? Seems like that wouldn’t be the issue… but I’,m not
sure. I looked at the my.cnf file and did not see anything in there of any
interest. I read somewhere that there should be a skip_netowrking line but
mine sis not seem to have one, could that be the problem? If so, where does
that line go? Here’s a copy of that file from my masterbackend:

[root at masterback ~]# vi /etc/my.cnf

[mysqld]

datadir=/var/lib/mysql

socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

[mysql.server]

user=mysql

basedir=/var/lib

skip-innodb

set-variable=thread_stack=256k

[safe_mysqld]

err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log

pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

 I’m not sure where to proceed next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tyler Edwards