[mythtv-users] IMDB Screen Scrap... legal?-audiscrobbler

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Sat Jul 9 11:54:56 EDT 2005

> It is a good thought, but impractical I think. There are plenty of
> review sites that are already in existence. However, along the same
> lines, what about a site similar to Audioscrobbler
> (http://www.audioscrobbler.com/) but for videos. In case you don't
know,
> Audioscrobbler tracks users' played audio songs and correlates artist
> and track information. You can then find other users with similar
> musical tastes, create groups of users that have a similar cause or
> identity, you can even get recommendations on new artists or tracks
> based on what you are currently listening to. Applying this same
concept
> to MythTV and video would be a very interesting project. Having the
> ability to see that if you have watched xyz show, other users who have
> watched that show also watch abc show.
>
> A large step from the imdb topic I know, but this post got my mind
> thinking.
>
> David

[DC]
End user generated content is a great idea, and I like the idea of
audioscrobbler (though haven't used it) but I think with music it makes
more sense than video as we can download music ad hoc as it's
recommended, a little hard to do with video.

Though I like the idea and I think it would make sense to have a field
"if you liked this also check out these videos" section at the bottom of
a mythtv user reviews database.

Cheers,
Dean