[mythtv-users] no sound with live TV and recorded image

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 19:05:40 EDT 2005

On 7/8/05, Iwan <iwan at i-lusion.nl> wrote:
> ?
>
> Hi,
>
> I have no sound with MythTV ...and allso no sound with recorded items...
> Can someone please help me with that?
>
> I am busy with this problem but do not know where to look.
>
> I used Jarod;s guide and did this:
> $ /usr/bin/aplay /usr/share/sounds/KDE_Startup.wav
>
> and this gave me an excelent sound ...

Ok, so ALSA works. What are the options on audio configuration screen
in frontend setup (Setup->General->3rd screen)? Should be ALSA:default
for output device and default for mixer.

Also, does Myth sound work with any other plugin, like MythMusic?
MythTV has few more options which can affect sound.

--
Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net