[mythtv-users] IMDB Screen Scrap... legal?

Mark Gardner markgard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 16:22:41 EDT 2005

<SNIP>
> explicitly forbidden. Only small subsets of filmographies are allowed to be
> quoted, and only on non-commercial websites. The latter restrictions on the
> use of data may be unenforceable, as the U.S. Supreme Court in Feist v.
> Rural ruled that collections of facts are not protected by copyright."
>
>  With that being said... i can say anything to scare you but that doesn't
> mean i can take it to court and win.

Ok great.... there is a possible legal loophole that Myth would fit
into.  But as a community project i feel we have a greater
responsibility.  If a site askes not to be screen scraped, whe should
comply with their wishes. Especialy when there is another alternative
that is free, and completely legal.

--
            _\ | /_
           (@ @)