[mythtv-users] MySQL errors, mysqld.sock

al philamythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 19:52:44 EDT 2005

I've tried the logs too. Applicable info:

[mysql.err]

050706 07:03:48  mysqld started
050706  7:03:48 Can't start server : Bind on unix socket: No such file
or directory
050706  7:03:48 Do you already have another mysqld server running on
socket: /var/lib/mysqld/m$
050706  7:03:48 Aborting

050706  7:03:48 /usr/sbin/mysqld: Shutdown Complete

050706 07:03:48  mysqld ended

050707 18:57:11  mysqld started
050707 18:57:12  mysqld ended

[mysql.log] - nothing

[mysqld.err]

050706  6:57:05 /usr/sbin/mysqld: Shutdown Complete

InnoDB: The first specified data file ./ibdata1 did not exist:
InnoDB: a new database to be created!
050707 18:57:11  InnoDB: Setting file ./ibdata1 size to 10 MB
InnoDB: Database physically writes the file full: wait...
050707 18:57:11  InnoDB: Log file ./ib_logfile0 did not exist: new to be created
InnoDB: Setting log file ./ib_logfile0 size to 5 MB
InnoDB: Database physically writes the file full: wait...
050707 18:57:11  InnoDB: Log file ./ib_logfile1 did not exist: new to be created
InnoDB: Setting log file ./ib_logfile1 size to 5 MB
InnoDB: Database physically writes the file full: wait...
InnoDB: Doublewrite buffer not found: creating new
InnoDB: Doublewrite buffer created
InnoDB: Creating foreign key constraint system tables
InnoDB: Foreign key constraint system tables created
050707 18:57:12  InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 0
050707 18:57:12 [ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open privilege tables:
Table 'mysql.host' doesn't exist

Biostar M7NCG 400
AMD Athlon XP 2000
PVR 350