[mythtv-users] [OT] Diskless front end (using PXE) - Fedora Core?

Brian Webb webbbn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 17:17:17 EDT 2005

No need to ditch your router.  You just have to turn off dhcp on the
router and run dhcpd on your server.  I think system-config-netboot
sets everything up except for the dhcpd.conf entry, which should look
something like:

        host media {
            hardware ethernet aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff;
            next-server 192.168.0.10;
            fixed-address 192.168.0.5;
            filename "linux-install/pxelinux.0";
        }

This tells the client to use IP address 192.168.0.5 and to pull the
file linux-install/pxelinux.0 from the tftp directory on 192.168.0.10.

--
Brian Webb
webbbn at gmail.com