[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.18.1 Backend Crash (not in 0.16)

Dave Sp dspmisc at speakeasy.net
Thu Jul 7 14:58:49 EDT 2005

Hello,

Two days ago, I upgraded from 0.16 to 0.18.01.

Now my backend process likes to die.

I have seen it die after watching a program and choosing to delete it while
another program was being recorded.  (This happened twice in the past hour
while watching South Park while recording ST:TNG.  Maybe that's a sign.  ;-)

It just happened again right now as I attempted to delete the South Park
episode while still recording ST:TNG.

So it seems I can reproduce this issue at will.  What can I enable, or how
can I run the backend/frontend, to help debug this issue?

--davesp