[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase shows No Data for some channels

Cameron Dale camrdale at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 12:08:29 EDT 2005

On 7/7/05, Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> wrote:

> Cameron Dale wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm having some trouble with the proper way to run mythfilldatabase
> > (with DataDirect) to update my listings. Right now it runs every day
> > from cron and it gets listings 14 days into the future. However, some of
> > the channels come back as "No Data" at around 12-14 days (I guess the
> > listings for those channels aren't known that far into the future). As
> > the days pass, this data propagates closer and closer to the present,
> > even though mythfilldatabase runs every night. It doesn't re-retrieve
> > the data for the days that are missing though, saying for example: "Data
> > is already present for Fri Jul 15 2005, skipping".
>
> It always fills tomorrow so the info is always refreshed before the
> day for recording arrives.

Yeah, I know. But this does lead to problems like I experienced recently,
when I heard about a show later in the week and wanted to schedule it for
recording. A search for the show name surprisingly came up with nothing (as
that channel had No Data later in the week) and so I couldn't schedule it to
be recorded. Having to wait until the day before a show airs to schedule a
recording seems to defeat the purpose of having a scheduler.

> What can I do to tell mythfilldatabase to retrieve data for the days
> > that are missing?
>
> With current svn, "mythfilldatabase --max-days 11" would prevent
> grabbing the last days where some channels may be missing data
> in the evening.

I run 0.18.1, but this seems to suggest that mythfilldatabase would only
grab 11 days worth of data instead of 14, right? Not an ideal situation, as
I like having the data as far into the future as possible, and also I'm not
sure if even 11 would be short enough. I'd rather delete the program
listings and re-retrieve everything every day than do this.

-- bjm

How do other people deal with this? Or is this something specific to my
listings area (Vancouver, Canada)?

Perhaps the best way for me is just to write a script to clear the credits,
people, program, programgenres, and programrating tables, and then run
mythfilldatabase to reload them.

Thanks for your help!
Cam