[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase shows No Data for some channels

Cameron Dale camrdale at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 23:08:34 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with the proper way to run mythfilldatabase (with
DataDirect) to update my listings. Right now it runs every day from cron and
it gets listings 14 days into the future. However, some of the channels come
back as "No Data" at around 12-14 days (I guess the listings for those
channels aren't known that far into the future). As the days pass, this data
propagates closer and closer to the present, even though mythfilldatabase
runs every night. It doesn't re-retrieve the data for the days that are
missing though, saying for example: "Data is already present for Fri Jul 15
2005, skipping".

What can I do to tell mythfilldatabase to retrieve data for the days that
are missing?

Right now I have to run mythtv-setup and clear all my program information
(or manually delete it from MySQL), and then run mythfilldatabase so that it
re-retrieves everything. Is there some way to automate this?

Thanks!
Cam