[mythtv-users] Configuring X with my GF4 for TV Out

David Sims dl.sims at comcast.net
Wed Jul 6 22:00:03 EDT 2005

On Jul 6, 2005, at 7:13 PM, Justin Popa wrote:

> I am currently having issues getting the resolution right in my TV-Out
> setup. I had no luck using Jarod's guide with my GF4MX440, so I kind
> of scrounged things together from multiple sources. Right now the
> resolution for the TV is getting set to the same as the monitor on the
> system. The way I am thinking, it seems to me that the way I have set
> it up(no experience with configuring X) the TV just clones the
> monitor. I guess I am kind of lost on how to set this whole thing up.
> Does anyone have a working config using nvidia for ONLY tv out? Thanks

Here are the "Device" and "Screen" sections I have.  I'm not currently
using svideo on my GF4 card, but this is the config that worked quite
well when I was.  This configuration was for svideo out ONLY.  I did
not have a monitor connected.

Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Videocard0"
         Driver      "nvidia"
         VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
         BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX (generic)"
         Option "TVStandard"   "NTSC-M"
         Option "TVOutFormat"  "SVIDEO"
         Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
         Option "TVOverScan" "0.7"