[mythtv-users] tv_grab_uk_rt - only 1 week of data?

Kim Wall kim at ductilebiscuit.net
Wed Jul 6 19:12:35 EDT 2005

Having just manually run mythfilldatabase again to investigate a
listings discrepancy[1], I notice that I now have 14 days of guide data
again.  Hopefully that means it was a temporary problem with the Radio
Times site.

kim.

[1] I noticed the myth backend shutting down when it was supposed to be
recording today's Live 8 concert.  It appeared that the planned coverage
had been extended[2] at some point in the last couple of days, and that
Digiguide (which I happened to have running on my desktop) was quicker
to update their listings than the Radio Times, which was still showing a
1.5 hour show at 1:20 this morning when mythfilldatabase last ran.  Grr,
but unavoidable.

[2] I did the sensible thing and immediately told myth to record the
film that it thought was on instead.  However, I notice that having run
mythfilldatabase, it still thinks it's recording a non-existent film - I
assume because it only queries the database at the start of a recording.

This raises the question of whether this behaviour is desirable, in the
unlikely (but certainly with DVB EPG (or teletext?) sourced data
possible) event that the listings change while a programme is being
recorded.  It seems that changing the end time (or aborting an unwanted
recording) on the fly would be quite handy, especially with special
events like Live 8 or sports finals which are liable to cause the
schedule to change at short notice.