[mythtv-users] Re: MythTV and DVD ISO files?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 6 18:39:07 EDT 2005

Nick Rout wrote:

>On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:40:29 -0500 Neil wrote:
>

>>I don't have a keyboard in my
>>mythbox.
>>

>heres a tip. If you have another linux machine you can run mythfrontend
>over the network. I assume you have ssh set up on your mythbox. On your
>desktop box do:
>
>ssh -X mythbox
>(give your password)
>mythfrontend
>
>mythfrontend should appear on your desktop. Watching TV will probably
>not work over the network, but doing setup etc should work.

If running on a relatively recent version of OpenSSH (and you should
/never/ run on an old version), I recommend:

ssh -Y mythbox

The -X, by default, results in "untrusted" X11 forwarding, so you'll
typically get some problems with nearly all X apps (including MythTV)
such as "Bad atom" this and "X Error" that because they need "trusted"
access to display resources.

Mike