[mythtv-users] no remote

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 6 09:38:32 EDT 2005

Claude Gélinas agr. wrote:

>Le lundi 04 juillet 2005 à 08:12 -0400, Michael T. Dean a écrit :
>

>>Do you have a proper LIRC config file with configs for "prog=mythtv"?
>>

>>Do you have a link from the normal LIRC config file (~/.lircrc) to
>>

>I have them but there were set the opposite way the file was in
>the .mythtv dir with a link from de home/mythtv
>
>I put them back in the wright way.
>
>no result.

Either way works.  For all practical purposes it's the same both ways.

>I've load a script in the .kde/Autostart to start irexec and
>mythfrontend. I'added a button so I can power off mythfrontend with the
>remote and irexec.
>
>now mythfrontend start automatically and I can kill it with the remote
>but I cannot do anything in myth with the remote

So, that means one of two things... Either your LIRC config file does
not properly specify myth mappings (i.e. button names don't match those
in /etc/lircd.conf or something) or your Myth was not compiled with LIRC
support.  Have you seen messages in your logs when you start
mythfrontend saying something to the effect of "accepted new client"?

Mike