[mythtv-users] a few fuzzy channels

Michael Jones m_g_j at michaelandholly.com
Tue Jul 5 20:39:22 EDT 2005

When I've had a similar problem it was due to a bad coax cable (actually
whose shielding - about 2" of it - had been stripped from it by a curious
critter outside the house)

>From what I understand from a friend of mine at a local TV station.. it
doesn't take much to corrupt or introduce noise into a signal.. and by
chance.. 69-70 seem to be an issue (or at least the most sensitive to noise)
according to a tech from Comcast (who found the critter damage).

I would start by making a connection directly from your source feed (without
any splitters & amps (these 2 can be especially nasty), splices.. etc with a
KNOWN GOOD cable. And see if the problem changes/goes away.

If it does.. you know the solution.. if it doesn't.. well.. Got me.. Get a
Comcast Tech out there and see if they can find something before your house.
;)

- Michael