[mythtv-users] MythTV manual recording -- newbie question

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Jul 5 19:28:04 EDT 2005

Vincent Yau wrote:
> I have DirecTV so I cannot do any Guide listing or program search.

? Everyone else who has DirecTV grabs listings. Why are you
trying to state this as a given fact?

> All I hope to do is schedule a manual recording.

Manual recording will record from a specific channel at a
specific time. No channels, no recordings. You should grab
listings for your DirecTV and move forward with the rest of
your life rather than trying to create a temporary channel
with the Channel Editor just for the sake of testing.

--  bjm