[mythtv-users] Silent HDTV Front End

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 09:47:15 EDT 2005

On 7/1/05, Simon Kenyon <simon at koala.ie> wrote:
> On Thursday 30 June 2005 17:19, Robert S. Kerr wrote:
> > Googling around on the web the other day I stumbled across this page
> > http://mythhd.info/ that describes a silent HDTV capable front end for
> > MythTV.
> >
> > It uses the COMMELL LV-660 Mini-ITX board with a VT1625 encoder (for
> > HDTV YPbPr output).  I was curious if anyone has used this
> > configuration, and how successful they've been with it.  Does it do a
> > good job, stable rendering, etc?
> >
> > All the other HDTV discussions I've seen involve insanely new CPUs that
> > require big fans and lots of noise.
>
> has anyone looked at the AOpen's i915GMm-HFS Motherboard?
>
> it has composite and dvi output and a socket for a pentium m.
> all the reviews seem to suggest that it is quiet
>
> i would buy one - but i cannot find a vendor
>
> regards
> --
> simon

I have also been reading about the Asus DigiMatrix PC.  It is a mobo,
VERY small footprint case and power supply for around $300 US.  Just
add a P4 Northwood and some PC 2700 RAM and a little know-how and you
are good to go.  There are forums and other pages out there that
support Linux on this little badboy.

http://outertrack.com/digimatrix/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=fcf77a5b8caf9559756c64b4e4e0ab4e
http://asusfan.linux-site.net/
http://people.easter-eggs.org/~yack/digimatrix/

It can do up to 1080i HD on component outputs.  There has also been a
LOT of work regarding it's front LED panel.