[mythtv-users] Hauppauge pvr-350 or pvr-500

Robin Smith 1canuck2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 15:39:07 EDT 2005

My next mythbox is going to be based on a PVR500 MCE with an nVidia
6600GT for video out. The 6600GT is fanless!!! (Its a Gigabyte) and
comes with DVI/Svideo and

Currently I am running a PVR250 with a FX5600. I simply removed the
fan from the video card on this one to keep the noise down.

If you are concerned about quality tradeoffs with the 350-based
solution wouldn't a 500 with fanles video address them (and still
allow for the dual tuners)?

Robin