[mythtv-users] Seeking driving me nuts

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Mon Jul 4 09:42:29 EDT 2005

Sasha Z wrote:

>So now that I'm back at the beginning of the show, I want to fast
>forward a bit. I press fast forward a couple times to kick up the
>speed (3x is really really slow). When I get to where I want to be, I
>press play. Instead of being where I intended, I'm way the hell
>somewhere random in the program.

I'd suggest checking your MySQL database to ensure you don't have
corruption in one of your tables.  Run the following command...

#mysqlcheck -u root -p mythconverg

If this reveals corruption (usually in the recordedmarkup table, but not
always) search the mailing list - the solution has been posted before.