[mythtv-users] sounds output livetv is gone

Patrick de Brabander [mythtv] mythtv at pdebrabander.nl
Mon Jul 4 02:55:57 EDT 2005

The old HD contains everything exactly the same distro etc.. as my 'new'
HD. The 'new' HD is an exact copy and then upgraded to the latest
versions.

My soundcard is working. I can play with mythvideo and mythmusic through
the soundcard. I looks like i can get sound trough the tuner.
I've check the log file directly, but i don't see strange things in it.

gr

Patrick

> Can you clarify the following points please.
>
> Was the 0.16 on an old HD, with exactly the same OS as your current
> running version? I ask this as if it is (as I would suspect) a module
> issue, then booting a previous OS wouldn't show the problem.
>
> Does your soundcard work? Can you play standard audio through it and
> get sound out?
>
> If your soundcard is working, the problem might show in your standard
> log file (e.g /var/log/messages) post the content between the "Start
> IVTV" and "End IVTV" comments.
>
> Ant.

gr.

patrick