[mythtv-users] Install with no X - cannot connect to database

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 3 20:51:12 EDT 2005

My guess is that you're having problems with Qt.
There's a Qt-MySQL module that connects to the
database, and chances are, X is a dependency of Qt.
(The X libraries, not the X server, per se).

You could try to compile Qt embedded if you really
don't want X on the system.  A MythTV server doesn't
require X to run though, only for the libraries to be
present.

-- Joe