[mythtv-users] Sound issues and PS-TS mode

Nick Tan nick at wehi.edu.au
Sun Jul 3 19:42:21 EDT 2005

On 27/06/2005, at 9:34 PM, Phill Edwards wrote:

>> I'm assuming you mean for a DVB card?  The setting is in mythtvsetup
>> under advanced in the capture card settings if I remember correctly.
>
> I changed my settings to TS and I found that this caused an increase
> in poor recordings. The symptoms were momentary pixellations
> throughout the recording plus occasional  spits and pops  in the
> sound. I've now changed back to PS to confirm this is what caused it.
>
> I _think_ that the bad recordings may have been when there was bad
> weather. Could it be that TS is more picky about the signal quality
> than PS?
>
> Regards,
> Phill

I found that I had these moments of pixellation and spits and pops with
PS and TS. I believe its my signal level that is the problem.  But I've
found that TS mode is better at recovering from these moments, whereas
with PS mode it will lose the audio track.

Also, is there a way from within the frontend to show the signal
strength of the DVB signal?

Thanks,

Nick