[mythtv-users] Seeking driving me nuts

Sasha Z kleptophobiac at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 13:36:30 EDT 2005

Oh excuse me, I'm very used to the gmail threads scheme.

Say I'm watching a TV show, and I've recorded the tail end of the
previous show. I skip to the next cutpoint (commflagged), but it isn't
in the right place. So I press the skip back button. Instead of
skipping back, it skips forwards again. I have to back multiple times
to get back to the real beginning of the program. This only seems to
be a problem at the start of a show.

So now that I'm back at the beginning of the show, I want to fast
forward a bit. I press fast forward a couple times to kick up the
speed (3x is really really slow). When I get to where I want to be, I
press play. Instead of being where I intended, I'm way the hell
somewhere random in the program.

To make ffwd/rrwd work, I can't use the play button. Instead, I have
to ffwd ffwd ffwd until I am at the speed that I want, and then rrwd
rrwd rrwd to be able to actually start playback at the proper time.