[mythtv-users] Recording the wrong program on the wrong encoder?

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Sat Jul 2 12:54:40 EDT 2005

Hello,

Thing is that encoder 1 is set up properly and working fine, and encoder
2 is experimental, I don't mind if I lose all the rubbish I record on
that, but the good things I use encoder 1.

Anyway, no it wasn't a typo.  I told it to use channel 1004, but
recorded channel 3 (i.e. ITV), even tho the "recording schedules" said
channel 4 (i.e. encoder 1 channel 4)

> The difference is not the channel--it's the recording rule.  Because
> it's a record once, it records that particular showing.  If it were a
> find once (or record always, etc.), it might record from the other encoder.

Actually, no.  I only tried the "Find" rule to see if it solved the
problem, but it didn't.  Here you go...

T4:Hollyoaks  	1004 - Channel 4  	Default  	Default  	Once

1  	T4:Hollyoaks  	4 - Channel 4  	Sun Jul 3, 2005 (10:20 AM)  	2 hrs 35
mins  	Don't Record  	Never Record

Even with an "Once" recording rule, it still will record from Channel 4
not Channel 1004.

> Aren't you getting it when it records on channel 4 (or was the 3 above
> not a typo)?

Like I said, no, wasn't a typo.

> Setting up the different channels is not accomplishing anything.  I
> recommend deleting the 10XX channels and reassigning the input on
> encoder 2 to the same as encoder 1.

Ok.  How exactly can I do this?  Encoder 2 is easy as it's an DVB card,
but Encoder 1 is an PVR card recording from an external digtial STB...

Thanks very much for your help though

Cheers - Piers