[mythtv-users] Best Nvida & IVTV driver versions for FC1?

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 16:02:45 EDT 2005

On 7/1/05, Joseph A. Caputo <jcaputo1 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Just wondering... my main production box is still running FC1 and I have
> no compelling reason to do a full distro upgrade, but I was wondering
> if I should stick with my current Nvidia driver (6111) or upgrade to
> something a little more recent.

I'm still on 6111 as well and it does everything I need. I tried a few
newer drivers that gave me problems that I had to back out of, so I'm
in no hurry to upgrade.

> Same goes for my ivtv driver -- stick with what I've got (0.2.0-62) or
> upgrade (though there don't seem to be rpms for anything newer for
> FC1)?

If it ain't broke...

Well, okay... I've been using the latest 0.3.6X drivers on FC1 built
from source with no problem, and actually, I believe I can perceive
better quality recently in my recordings. Wishful thinking? I don't
know. YMMV.

> What say ye all?

Long live FC1! I have spent so long tuning and tweaking my system in
attempts to reach mythtv nirvana, that I have little motivation to do
an OS rebuild just to get a 2.6 kernel.

But... there's always the *next* backend server. It's going to have
2tb of hardware RAID storage and 3 PVR500s and ... :)

-Ross