[mythtv-users] DVI->HDMI on Toshiba DLP

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Fri Jul 1 15:11:54 EDT 2005

> Not to go too off topic, but have either of you successfully generated
> a modeline that eliminates most of the vertical overscan when running
> at 1280x720p? I've managed to get rid of most of the horizontal
> overscan, but am at a loss when it comes to the vertical...

What TV do you have?

If you have one of the Samsung DLP's, make sure the video mode isn't set
to "expand", which is the setting that gives 1:1 pixel correspondence.

Personally, I like the sharpness of expand mode, which is better for
reading text; but the overscan means I need to adjust my windows so they
appear on-screen.  6 of one, yadda yadda yadda.

Kyle