[mythtv-users] HD capture via Component/RGB/DVI incoming at 720i

Todd Bailey toddb at toddbailey.net
Fri Jul 1 18:55:55 UTC 2005

Hi all,

It there anyway to perform an  video + audio mixed in capture on the above
listed hd signals and resolution?
I am on satellite and those are the only hdtv signals available to me, cable
or off the air is not an option.

I believe there is a something called sdi that is either a interface or a
signal standard that professionals use for hd video.
perhaps it's something similar to firewire?

Anyone have information on this?

another item to consider is hacking into the sat receiver and getting the
signal after it's been decrypted and building a interface that way.
I am using one of echostar's dishnetwork receivers (a model 811).

I'd be open to a solution under $1000 to capture hd and time shift for later
viewing.

I am somewhat new to hd so any suggestions, comments, concerns or advice
welcome.

tia