[mythtv-users] Seeking commercial hardware

Meatwad meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 14:12:26 EDT 2005

Larry Howe wrote:
> I enjoyed the recent discussion about commercial hardware, although it seems
> to have diverged somewhat. Is there a good source of info on available
> commercial open source PVRs? I know I'm not going to have time to build my
> own. My basic requirements are that the box is microsoft-free and does not
> involve a subscription (I prefer to own things rather than rent them). Thanks
> for any leads.

We saw Xperinet at the CEDIA show last year. Looks like they took a
snapshot of a release or CVS and preconfigure COTS hardware. We'll be
taking a much closer look at them this coming CEDIA but they have had
penetration in our market (custom install) as far as we and our
reps/insiders know.

PlutoHome is making a go at a total convergence solution (A/V, security,
telco, bluetooth cell-phone 'follow-me', etc.) I think 'sigtom' of this
august list was trying out their system.

HTH