[mythtv-users] when I restart my PC my settings are gone // howdoI solve this?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 1 11:24:35 EDT 2005

Paul Pick wrote:

>>I do NOT see my TV card initilized...after I run these commands:
>>
>>#/sbin/depmod -a
>>#/sbin/modprobe ivtv
>>
>>I can see the card initiliazed...
>>
>>So after I reboot the PC I have to run this everytime ...
>>

> One way to save yourself the typing would be to append those
>lines to /etc/rc.d/rc.local.

Or use whatever mechanism your distro uses for auto-loading modules
(i.e. /etc/modules.conf or /etc/modules.d/* or ...).  Check the
docs/fora/mailing lists for your distro for more info.

BTW, you only have to do depmod after you change the modules (i.e. add a
new module, but that's usually taken care of by the packaging mechanism)
or mod{ules,probe}.conf, so you shouldn't need to do it every time you
boot (besides, most distros include a depmod somewhere in the init
scripts just in case, so forcing it to do another would be a complete
waste).

Mike