[mythtv-users] after mythrtvsetup my PVR 250 is recongnized asa PVR150 help!

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Jul 1 08:50:44 EDT 2005

>>> kokomosam at yahoo.com 07/01/05 8:39 AM >>>
> Using the how to on wilsonnet.com, I was able to
> setup my PVR-250 to capture and dispaly cable tv
> video and it worked perfectly.  It was fine.
>
> After I ran Mythtvsetup. I am no longer to able to
> display cable tv video.  and when I the system now
> thanks it is a PVR150 instead of a PVR250
>
> [root at MythTV ~]# /bin/dmesg |grep Initialized
> ivtv: Initialized WinTV PVR 150, card #0
>
> what happend and what do I do?

Huh - I had the same problem.  I tried to
specify cardtype=1, tuner=47 (plus some others)
with no luck.

I just ended up going out and buying a pvr150.
Not a bad deal at Circuit City for $60 AR.

Now I have 2 250's waiting to get into a slave backend.
Hopefully the system will recognize thm as such,
but I'm guessing I'm going to have the same problem.

If you get it working, let us know!

After thinking about it, remove the card and remove
ivtv (plus the associated ivtv stuff).  Then put the card
back in and do another apt-get and see if that
fixes it.

Paul