[mythtv-users] Another commercial MythTV box

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Fri Jul 1 05:05:07 EDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 08:16:53PM +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 01:59 -0400, Dewey Smolka wrote:
> >  > Oh don't worry, i get it, and i am sympathetic to the cause. However I
> > > can't find a copy of the zap2it.com license.
> >
> > Neither can I, but it's pretty clear from here:
> > docs.tms.tribune.com/tech/tmsdatadirect/zap2it/open_letter.html
> > that the data is not meant to be sold. Fair enough.
>
> Its a pretty basic legal principle that that letter does not affect
> interpretation of the license.

The letter is just as important as any legal document as long as they
have the option of terminating the service without warning or
liability.  It's the Golden Rule: he who has the gold makes the rules.
If continued use of their service is contingent upon them remaining
happy then we should not support commercial products that make them
unhappy.