[mythtv-users] MythTV Database problem - Credits.MYI

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 01:07:35 UTC 2005

On 7/1/05, Scott Carr <scarr at progbits.com> wrote:
> I have been having problems with MythFillDatabase taking FOREVER to
> input the records.  This process used to take about 5 minutes, now it
> takes close to 24 hours.
>
> I noticed that my Credits.myi has 14000000 records and my people table
> only has 800000 records.  Is there something going on here?
>
> If I try to list the Credits.myi table it takes forever.

Aside from your huge numbers of entries, my credits table has about
50% more entries than my people table. As a person can be listed in
any number of different roles (actor/director) it follows you will
likely have more credit records than people records.

On the increased processing time issue, I can't offer any concrete
advice but as the name field in the people table is unique, and
because there are 8 and 14 million entries, perhaps it's the result of
taking a significantly longer amount of time to process the insert
queries?

Nick

(For comparison, 7 months of listings info (103 channel via RadioTimes
grabber) has 24,000 people and 35,000 credits entries in my backend
DB)