[mythtv-users] Silent HDTV Front End

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 20:54:21 EDT 2005

The whole idea of using mythTV, Tivo, etc (or any DVR for that matter)
is not plan your life around the TV. It probably also means not plan
your life around the DVR (trying to
configure/maintain/upgrade/debug/tweaking/whatever you want to call
it).

I think people should realize that its *just an application*, not a
religion. One needs to sit down in front of the TV and enjoy it too !
Whatever use of the application fits your needs. You dont want to make
yourself fit to the application, even if it means going out of the way
and spending exobirtant amont of money.

The attitude of some people on these mailing list seems to be
My(th)Way or HighWay. New people exploring myth would like to know the
alternatives of enjoying the myth experience. I dont think every one
is into PC building/configuring etc. Having a civil discussion in a
civil forum/list is helpful, but shouting, cursing, etc will only put
the new explorers away.