[mythtv-users] HOWTO: .nuv->.avi else *without* the database?

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Mon Jan 31 17:10:37 EST 2005

> Myth uses DivX, not Xvid.

 	Brain-fart... my bad.  I use XViD for my manual transcodings.

> You can play them in windows if you grab the dsmyth filters.

 	Tried that today (sf.net download was dead yesterday).  They seem
to work, although it's choppy and the sync is off on what I'm playing.

> I don't think that mythtranscode will work without access to the db or the
> backend.  However, take a look at Beirdo's nuv2avi:
>
> http://mythtv.beirdo.ca/nuvtools/nuv2avi.php
>
> It's not perfect, due to some of the problems in the avi container (meaning,
> sometimes you'll get sync issues), but it does just rewrap the nuv into an
> avi container.

 	Got that today.  It does indeed make an avi, but as he mentions on
his own page, it's got sync issues with commercial-cut MPEG4.  I'll concur
with that.

-Cory