[mythtv-users] Hard Drive Question

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at best.com
Mon Jan 31 17:00:43 EST 2005

Joe Barnhart wrote:
> --- Maverick <mavantix at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>How about recommendations in the 3.5" arena, since
>>2.5" seems
>>cost/performance prohibitive?
>

> Can't beat that 5-year Seagate bumper-to-bumper
> warranty.  Plus the drives are relatively quiet and
> they offer up to 400G capacity.  I have three 300G
> drives going into my HDTV backend.

This is slightly Off Topic, but I recently had to exercise the warranty
on a failing Seagate 80GB drive.  The RMA process is all online, and
give you 30 days to return the drive, and they tell you you will receive
a refurbished drive.  I got one back within a few working days of
sending the original, so it appears they have a very smooth system of
returns already in place.

Yan