[mythtv-users] No sound on remote frontend

Scott Simon scottsimon at pobox.com
Mon Jan 31 11:55:32 EST 2005

I have a good working 0.16 backend/frontend combo with a PVR-350 running X
on the TV-out.  I have a remote frontend that I just want to use for
occasional live TV that has a computer monitor only.

The issue is this:  the remote frontend produces no audio while viewing live
TV.  Recordings work fine.

I have the audio on the PVR running to my stereo.  Is this why I don't get
sound on live TV on a remote frontend?

.scott

Frontend/Backend box: FC3, mythtv 0.16, ALSA, PVR-350, X over the PVR, also
have onboard sound from my mobo (iWill 333-R).

Remote Frontend: FC3, Voodoo3 to computer monitor, ALSA, SoundBlaster Live.
No tuner card.