[mythtv-users] Videora feature on MythTV?

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 06:08:13 EST 2005

> >A friend and I are considering rsync/nuvexport as a way to share
> >recordings on our Myth boxes. Seems like it's possible, though we
> >haven't worked on it yet. Not quiet the same as sharing with the whole
> >world, but similar idea... :)
>
> Well, if ifs for personal/friend use, I would say get a 1-2 GB USB Thumb
> Drive, swap USB keys to swap shows.

Yeah, or even just burn them. But the main idea is that we both have
cable modems with lots of unused bandwidth, so slowly syncing
everything we wanted to watch from each others machines over the net
would be ideal. Also, we only hang out once a week or so, so getting
the latest recordings would just be easier if they showed up all by
themselves... ;)

One thought I had was just setup a mythfrontend instance that
connected to his backend, and visa-versa. The main problem with that
is cable just isn't fast enough to stream those huge video files in
realtime. Maybe mythfrontend just needs remote caching...

-Kenneth