[mythtv-users] Commercial Flagging Problem

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Jan 31 00:43:52 EST 2005

> HD commercials (I expect the superbowl will have some) and we are seeing
> a number of letterboxed commercials.   Though if your recording is HD,
> then what you often see is a full-screen widescreen program, with a
> letterboxed commercial inside a 4:3 box.  Pretty strange.

I'm going to make the code detect both letterbox and pillarbox and
aspect ratio changes from the decoder, so it should work in most cases
other than the ones where the show is the same aspect as the commercial
which is what we have right now anyway.   Hopefully I can have something
coded and into CVS a week or two after 0.17 is out.

--

Chris