[mythtv-users] RE: Newbie needs help choosing hardware for use in the UK

Alexander Fisher mythtv at alexfisher.me.uk
Sun Jan 30 13:04:27 EST 2005

Hi again.  I just thought I should update you on my progress.  I wouldn't
want somebody searching the list archives to make the same mistake as me ...

So, I went and bought the Nova-Ts.  Its just a shame that they seem to be
completely incompatible with my motherboard!  I don't have to worry about
which driver I use.  They don't even appear when I do an lspci!  I've tried
just about everything I can think of - different bios settings, different
PCI slots, removing all other cards, trying one at a time etc.  Has anybody
else had similar experiences?  Perhaps Scan will agree to exchange them for
two of the other freeview cards they do.  What's really annoying is I also
bought some new ECC RAM, ide controller and some cooling.  Most of this will
be completely useless if I have to buy a new motherboard :(

Ideas, (or just general sympathy) welcome.

Alex