[mythtv-users] Volume setting has no effect (PVR-350)

Didde Brockman didde.brockman at starring.se
Sun Jan 30 12:16:22 EST 2005

I'm _this_ close to having completed my system. Remote et al are now
perfectly setup, but one (tiny) problem remains. When in MythTV
watching live TV, changing the volume does nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I'm using the S-Video out from my Hauppauge PVR-350 and sound is
crystal clear. To be precise I use a common white and red wire from the
350 to the TV for sound. No external amplifier, digital audio or
loop-back between the 350 and the computer's sound card.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? Seems as if I might
have made a boo-boo in the configuration of the capture card perhaps?
My current setting in "mythtv-setup" for the PVR-350 is "Audio device:
/dev/dsp" but I'm pretty sure this only applies for sound in, right?

"/var/log/messages" shows no errors and I have gone through the
how-to's plenty of times to make sure I only have the correct msp3400
etc. I mean, the sound is there I just can't control it.

Someone? Anyone? Pointers are welcome...

Thanks!

Kindly,
Didde