[mythtv-users] mythfrontend stopped playing live TV

O'Leary, Paul poleary at mallesons.com
Sun Jan 30 07:13:12 EST 2005

Since last weeks cvs (post big patch maybe?) I've been seeing
prebuffering, underruns with ALSA and overruns with OSS, daff'd about a
bit
with changing the extra buffer settings, minimal buffer, .asoundrc files
and the like.
Purely sound related for me since using ALSA:default and then having
/dev/mixer set to
disable sound in live tv runs without fault (sans sound of course) for
hours on end.
Then again i am using ens1370 for sound so it probably serves me right.
Anyone else seen a lot of prebuff issues in the last week or so?

Slight OT:  Freevo Devs interviewed with some interesting remarks on
Myth, and of course the
usual enlightened (tongue in cheek) s'dot posters for your amusement:
http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/01/29/1421253&tid=129