[mythtv-users] Cant change channels help

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sun Jan 30 04:23:50 EST 2005

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Gregg wrote:

> I was reading an article and it suggested adding
> "/etc/init.d/mythbackend into rc.local" I have done that and I stilll
> can not change channels, but when I stop and start mythbackend
> manually from su it works.  can someone help me with a script that
> will log on as su and stop and start mythbackend before loading
> mythfrontend??

The tail of my rc.local file:

#       IVTV
/sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
/bin/mknod /dev/lirc c 61 0
/sbin/service lircd restart
/sbin/modprobe ivtv
sleep 3
/sbin/service mythbackend stop
sleep 1
/sbin/service mythbackend start

I am however thinking of writing a proper RC script to start ivtv before I
start them mythbackend service.

Hugo.