[mythtv-users] Re: No sound after apt-get upgrade

Andy Rabin andy.rabin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 14:51:08 EST 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:03:06 -0600, Andy Rabin <andy.rabin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been using my system for a few months now.  After finally fixing
> the video quality, the recordings timing got goofy on me.  An hour
> long show recorded would show that it was an hour and a half or
> longer...but actually play the hour (less commercials : )  So I
> figured before mailing the list, I'd make sure everything was upgraded
> and give it a reboot.  Now, I suddenly have no sound!!!  I'm pretty
> sure its a config that got screwed up somewhere, but I don't know
> where to look.  Recordings and live tv have the same problem, even
> recordings that were made previously that i've seen with sound!!!
>
> Please help!!  Let me know what I should post info wise here, and I'll
> be more than happy to.
>
> System is FC1, running 2 PVR-250's, and lots of old hardware, but it
> all worked before!!
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Andy

I realize this probably isn't the right list for this now, but after
more digging around with the system today, it appears that my whole
install is pretty screwed up.  The hat menu doesn't have any entries
in it, and kcontrol has nothing in it for me to modify.  I'm not sure
what happened, but I'd be happy to post any logs or send this to a
different list if someone could just point me in the right direction!!

Thanks,
Andy