[mythtv-users] Have Lirc & IR Blaster, now All I need is help making a lirc.conf...

Mike mythtvuser at optonline.net
Sat Jan 29 13:51:50 EST 2005

you can't use irrecord with your ir blaster - it is not a receiver.
However, it looks like people on this list have reported the explorer
2000 remote file which is on the lirc page works fine with the 3200.
Have you tried that file?
Have you verified you have light coming out of your IR Blaster?  An easy
way to do this is with a digital camera or webcam.  Hold the short end
of the ir emitting unit opposite the end that the cable is entering
close to the camera lens and you should "see" the light on the camera
screen when you execute the change channel script.