[mythtv-users] nforce3 ac3 (Was: OT:Anything wrong with using a 2.4.x kernel?)

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Fri Jan 28 13:43:48 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 12:17 -0500, Tim wrote:
> I think it depends on your other hardware... Debian sarge with 2.6.8 is
> working great for me on a gigabyte Nforce3 with a PVR250. I'm using ivtv
> 2rc3.
>
> I had 2.4.26 had some problems with various nforce2 (and 3?) chipsets, I
> think maybe .27 has that fixed. But I don't believe it supports the
> Nforce3 SATA hardware properly.

Any chance you have the an onboard spdif with ac3 passthrough working
with ALSA?  I've got an AMD64 nforce3 motherboard and while I can route
PCM audio out through the spdif, ac3 audio clicks my receiver into Dolby
Digital mode but yields no audio.  I've tried nvsound successfully, but
it gives audio lag in myth, mplayer, and xine. ;(

	-I