[mythtv-users] CPU power, pvr-150lp

Joao Carlos de Lima Roscoe joao.roscoe at magnetimarelli.com.br
Fri Jan 28 13:09:38 EST 2005

Hi, folks,

I guess my last post was not objective enough. I'd like to
get some guidance in setting up my mythtv systems

1. About cpu power / memory needed to run the server side:

How much cpu power will it take to record three programs at once,
using hardware encoding (hauppage pvr150lp ?), and simultaneously,
serve three streams to remote frontends? And about memory: will
512MB be enough?

2. About encoding cards:

Is there any one using hauppage pvr-150 low profile? Does anyone
has got mythtv working with this card (or other hauppage one
and PAL-M programs?

Below is the link to hauppage pvr-150 page:
<http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_pvr150lp.html>

Thanks a lot,
Joao