[mythtv-users] Looking to upgrade myth setup and need advice.

Crews, Richie rcrews at intercall.com
Fri Jan 28 09:47:27 EST 2005

I am looking to go dual tuners on my mythtv box and have a few questions
maybe someone who has gone through this can hammer out for me. In my
current box (which is my backend/frontend) I have a PVR-350 and I am
using the remote... I want to pull out the PVR-350 since I do not use
the TV out function (Don't know why I bough that card then...) and
replace it with two 250MCEs or two PVR150s. I do use Cable boxes and my
current cable box uses S-Video in on the PVR to capture the video and of
course L/R audio in to capture the audio. I was considering MCEs since
they L/R audio RCAs are normal and no need for a converter or anything
goofy like that. However the MCEs do not have remotes... so I was going
to get a new remote that will either work with Serial or USB (I would
love USB!) but it can not be RF since I use a Pronto PRO and use it for
my Home theater setup. Can anyone here make any suggestions or anything
to help me ease my mind?