[mythtv-users] No tuners on two bt-878 cards?

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Fri Jan 28 08:20:50 EST 2005

Hi all,

I've mostly installed MythTV on my new box (the hardware list is at
http://www.mabula.net/mythtv.html; it's running Fedora Core 3) and the
essential problem seems to be that I can't actually tune in to any
station.  All the TV cards have been detected OK (as far as I can see) -
the relevant logs can be found at:

http://tangram.dnsalias.net:8008/~paulway/dmesg.txt
http://tangram.dnsalias.net:8008/~paulway/lsmod.txt
http://tangram.dnsalias.net:8008/~paulway/lspci.txt

(I don't like to bombard people with huge logs - hope this is kosher.)

When I run tvtime it can see the composite and S-Video inputs on either
card (I think) but gives me errors in the form:

videoinput: Can't get tuner info: Invalid argument.

mythtvsetup also sees neither TV card, especially the DVB card - I'm not
sure where to find the logs to give any further detail.

I've also tried running ozradio and fm to try to get the FM tuner working;
both of these seem to either segfault or hang in a kill -9 resistant way.

I've tried countless google searches and read through a lot of the
MythTV-users list archives, as well as followed the instructions on the
MythTV and on the excellent WilsoNet site, but to no avail.  I now throw
myself at your mercy - I'm just not that savvy with the Linux internals to
know where to look to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Paul