[mythtv-users] Volume reset going into live TV

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 21:47:54 EST 2005

> > What are your default volume levels set to in the first screen of
> > Setup/General? Default is like 70...
> >
> > -Kenneth
>
> This bothered me for ages as well.  I couldn't find the right setting to fix
> it, and ended up editing the database directly to change it to a better
> value. One hour later I found the setting and felt rather stupid.
>
> Mark

Yeah, only reason it was fresh in my mind is I was playing around with
wiring my 350's sound in to my audio card's in, then the sound out, so
I could play games (Love Frozen Bubble!) and actually hear them, but
it mythfrontend kept reseting the sound (as it is suppose to), and the
levels where way low. I'd go back into aumix and be like !@#!@$ and
then I starting searching for the setup I assumed had to be there.

I think I might write a manual section for a myth wiki that explains
every single config option/screen in myth. Problem is I don't even
know what they all do. If something like this exists, anyone have the
URL handy?

I have to say, I love mythtv and I've only been running it a couple
weeks, my only complaint is that "end user manuals" are limited and
virtually non existent. A good example is the MythGame manual page on
Mythtv.org, it's blank! :(

-Kenneth